Opportunities for Event Volunteers
Volunteers needed for OUR SUMMER games
Dates – June 7, 8 and 9
Southern Connecticut State University, 200 Wintergreen Avenue, New Haven
Time – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (or as specified in job link)
- Athlete Escort - Under the direction of a team’s head Coach, volunteer will be assigned to an athlete/team for the day and escort them to staging areas, competition venues, lunch and Olympic Town. To sign up to be an Athlete Escort at SCSU, click here.
- Food Services – Assist with handing out and/or serving breakfast, lunch or dinner. To sign up to be a food service volunteer, click here.
- Swimming - Assist with one of the following (Jobs assigned day of event.)
* Access Enforcer/Bouncer - Enforce and redirect persons from restricted areas to proper access areas
* Athlete Staging - Assist and escort athletes to their races
* Result Runner - Run heat sheets between staging and awards area
* Time/Result Recorder - Record athletes' times on heat sheets and prepare heat sheets for awards
To volunteer at swimming, click here.
- Event Breakdown - Assist with breaking down chairs, tables, banners and venue equipment and load into PODs. Sign up to help with event breakdown here.
Yale Dewitt Cuyler Athletic Complex, 252 Derby Avenue, West Haven
Time - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for Food Service)
- Athlete Escort - Under the direction of a team's head coach, volunteer will be assigned to an athlete/team for the day and escort them to staging areas, competition, lunch and Olympic Town. To sign up to be an Athlete Escort at Yale, click here.
- Food Services - Assist with handing out and/or serving breakfast, lunch or dinner. To sign up for Food Services at Yale, click here.
Yale West Campus, 100 West Campus Drive, Orange
Time - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Course Marshal - Assist course officials in supervision of the entire riding area for athletes, assist in communicating any accidents, bike problems or athlete issues while races are in progress. Personal folding chairs, umbrellas for shade or rain and hats are highly recommended. To sign up to help out with cycling, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Katie York, Director of Volunteer Services
(203) 230-1201, ext. 224