Opportunities for Event Volunteers
Volunteers needed for the Unified Sports Fall Festival season!
Unified Sports Fall Festival
Date – September 11th and 12th, 2021
- CT Sportsplex – 150 Foxon Rd, North Branford CT 06471
- Softball Venue
- Time – 7:30am to 5:00pm (Saturday Only)
- Job Descriptions
- ANNOUNCER – Using the PA systems, announce the name, position and team name of the batter approaching the plate and name of the next on deck batter.
- ASA CERTIFIED UMPIRES - Officiate 2-3 games, must be a certified umpire, ASA or USSSA preferred.
- SCOREBOARD OPERATOR – Keeps track of winning, team score, and outs on flip charts.
- SCOREKEEPER – Keeps track of game score, team lineup changes, and games statistics in official softball score book.
- TIMER/RUNNER – Under the direction of a scorekeeper, is responsible for timing games and running final summary sheets to operations or designated place.
- Sleeping Giant Golf Course – 3931 Whitney Ave, Hamden CT 06518
- Parking is located at 3110 Whitney Ave, Hamden (Quinnipiac University)
- Golf Venue
- Time – 11:30pm to 5:00pm (Sunday Only)
- Job Descriptions –
- SKILLS – Keeps score for Golf Individual Skills Contest, ie Chipping, Putting, Pitching, Driving.
- COMPETITION – Re-enforces sports rules and encourages smooth transitions between holes.
- AWARDS - Assist in the presentation of medals and ribbons to athletes during awards ceremonies which highlight each athlete’s accomplishments.
- Scalzi Park – 100 Bridge Street, Stamford CT 06905
- Bocce Venue
- Time – 9:00am to 4:30pm (Saturday Only)
- Job Description
- TOURNAMENT – Assists in the running of Bocce Tournament. Works with officials on keeping score.
- SKILLS – Assists with Individual Skills contest.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Katie York, Director of Volunteers, Sports and Local Programs
(203) 230-1201, ext. 224