Brave the Cold to Support SOCT
Take the plunge into icy waters to support more than 10,000 athletes of all abilities who participate in the sports training and competitions Special Olympics Connecticut offers year-round. All are invited to participate in the Plunge, including individuals, friends and families, and teams representing schools, businesses, organizations and clubs.
View our upcoming Penguin Plunges and learn how you can get involved.
Take the Plunge
To join in the fun, participants must be at least 8 years old and need to raise a minimum of $100. In addition to the awards for top fundraisers and best costume, participants receive incentive prizes for their fundraising efforts. Spectators are welcome! For more information, please contact Jackie Turro at email@example.com.
Awards are given in the following categories to the top fundraising and best dressed individuals and groups at each plunge:
- Emperor Award – Top Fundraiser
- Emperor Club Award – Top Fundraising Group
- Rockhopper Award – Best Individual Costume
- Waddle Awards – Best Group Costume
- Silver Award – Oldest Penguin
- Rockin’ School House Award – Top Fundraising School Group
- Arctic Hero Award – Top Fundraising Public Safety Group
- Penguin on the Rocks Award – Top Fundraising Bar/Restaurant